Thursday 6 May 2010

No longer a Voting Virgin

Category : Politics, Personal

So today I voted for the first time, i've looked into the grizzled yet eager face of Democracy and shook it firmly by the hand.

And I even managed to learn something new during the process! I knew that I was partaking in two votes; One for my local MP and One for the Parliamentary elections. So I expected to see one voting form with the names of my local MP's up for election, unfamiliar names next to more familiar party logo's, and another voting form with the names of the Prospective Prime ministers on them, more familiar names that would make me feel accomplished by simply knowing who the hell they are. But I was Wrong! Kind of.

I was right about the Local MP electoral form, it was just a list of names I've never seen before and their parties BUT To my dismay I found that the parliamentary electoral form had equally obscure names all over it! Apparently, in this crazy System of voting that we have, I at no point vote for the prime minister; I vote for his underlings.




No comments:

Post a Comment